A couple of days before Christmas, we got a call from Ammons dad (Tim) saying that they would be stopping through on their way to Vegas. They have a ranch in Colorado and the day before they were to come to Vegas, Tim found that one of their horses had given birth in a blizzard and didn't want to have anything to do with the baby. When Tim finally found the horse, it wasn't doing very well. They brought it in to their house and warmed it by the fire and decided that there was no way they could leave the horse there alone and they had already shipped their Christmas presents to Vegas to open their. They decided to bring the horse along with them....in the cab of the truck....wearing a diaper and sitting on Tim's lap. This may sound crazy but this kind of stuff is actually not that unusual for Ammons dad. I laughed so hard when I heard this. We met them at a gas station to exchange gifts and say hello and we got to meet "blizzard" the horse. Addie loves telling people about the horse that was wearing a diaper. Unfortunately, the horse wasn't doing so well and died the next day.
Here is Addie and Blizzard.
Kimball "riding" blizzard with Addie, Grandpa Tim and Great Grandpa Mitchell.



6 comments:
Oh Chalise that is the sweetest thing. What a great man for doing that with the horse. Your little kids look so cute with him too!
www.thefamilynichols.com
This would happen with my in-laws too! Btw Mark was reading Addie's quotes & he wanted me to tell you that you have a little genius on your hands! Good luck with that!
That is a funny story. I could see Jo doing that, but I am not sure I would let him do it.
What a nice guy! It makes me remember when My Dad gave me a horse for Christmas like 6 years ago I was so excited it was the best gift I had ever gotten it meant a lot to me! Christmas night it got stuck in the fence and it snowed like crazy that night when my dad went to to feed he found my horse... He tried so so hard to save him and he lived through the week then I had to leave for Philadelpia again and a couple days later my dad called and cried as he told me there was nothing he could do to save the horse! Ok sorry way long story! Those Cowboys love their horses!! Cute!
I was eating cereal when I read that and almost spit it out I was laughing so much. That's hilarious! Too bad he died though...that's sad. Especially since they went to the effort to bring him to Vegas. Thanks for sharing.
What an interesting adventure of the horse in the diaper...I'm sorry to hear that he died. Your kids are so darn cute...and that cute red headed daughter of yours comes up with the funniest comments.
Post a Comment