The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Friday, June 15, 2012

Before and After

We have had a fun month of visitors and vacations.  Boy, do I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. I wanted to have my projects and decorating "finished" before our family came.  Having a deadline helped me finish what I started over a year ago.  I will be posting some before and afters of our house and I'm starting with Kimballs room. 
His room was a great neutral color but I wanted something a little more fun.  I decided dark blue which was a little scary at first because I didn't want it to feel like a dark hole but I really LOVE the way it turned out.
 
 
 

And now the after shots.

This awesome train picture was done by our very talented friend Nate Call.  This picture does NOT do it justice.  It is all done with pencil and charcoal on 3 sheets of canvas.  The detail is AMAZING.  I think you can click on it to make it larger. 
Here is Kimballs name plaque that I made.  I'm quite happy with how it turned out. 
As you can tell, Kimball loves collecting cars.  We themed his whole room abound trains, planes and cars.  Ammon made Kimball an airplane last week that I need to paint and hang from the ceiling in Kimballs room.
  
Another project I need to work on is making a pillow to go with the quilt I made for his bed.  See, these projects are never really "finished"
 
 
 

Have I mentioned that I love being able to paint and decorate my house?
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Hokanson's said...

So cute! You are so good at decorating and projects! I need to take a lesson from you sometime!

Emily said...

you are amazing, my friend! what a great boy space! and that train drawing is awesome. truly. can't wait to see more!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Love it! You did a wonderful job!

hilaryawb said...

This looks so great! Way to go!

Erin said...

Who are you?! Martha Mitchell, that's what I'm going to call you now. Love it! Brings back memories of our first little Cedar City house. Love ya!

The Evers Family said...

Who knew you could do this to a house? Obviously I didn't. It is absolutely amazing! So glad you posted pics so I could see. I just wish you would have done all that stuff before I lived there. :)