The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Friday, June 22, 2012

ready for another before and after?

Are you getting sick of my before and after pictures yet?  too bad ;-)  Next up we have our office/guest room.  I so wish that I knew how to take better pictures so the colors would turn out right and the lighting would work but I guess if you want to really know what this place looks like, you will just have to come stay with us :-)

Here is the room when we first moved in.  Some of the paint had peeled off the wall so the maintenence men patched it up which meant that we needed to paint, as you can see below. 

I wanted to do a classic blue and white with accents of red and have this be our family and ansestor room.  I am just now realiaing that the last 3 posts of before and afters, I have all done in blues.....hmmm.

I still need to make a quilt for this room...but that will come later.

We were given this beautiful roll-top desk by some of our friends that were moving...as is the case with most of the furniture in our house.  We have never bought a piece of furniture from a furniture store.



The book wreath I made (thank you pinterest).  The lighting of this picture makes it look really weird but I love the way this turned out but it took A LOT longer than I thought to make.

My ansestor wall.  
My plan is to get many more pictures of our ansestors and put them on this wall. 

A cozy bed, waiting for visitors :-) 

3 comments:

Emily said...

one again, awesome! i love that wreath! i will definitely need to come stay in that room. :)

Matt and Valerie said...

So how did YOU end up with those pics of Mom and Dad??? Hmmm? Looks wonderful, as always. Love ya!

What a life!! said...

Goll you didn't have to do all that for us Chalise!!! We are getting a little excited over here-YEAH!!!