The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, January 13, 2011

da da da DAAAAAA Kitchen reveal

I've been so excited to post this.....infact that has been what has helped me to "finish" this project (Is any project ever really finished?) I have been waiting years and years to paint and decorate my own home and now I am having so much fun....well fun being the "I'm so sick of painting I could scream" fun. But really I have enjoyed this so much.

This made me realize that my plans are going to take a while but that is okay. I will just do it room by room and enjoy the process.
So this was our kitchen before. Not bad at all, just not what I had in mind.

after much work....and believe me, it would have taken me forever without Ammons help. I love this picture because he looks like he has "old man" head
Hey there sexy

and now, the after shots
I plan to antique this bead board back-splash to really make it pop and I am going to try adding some fabric behind the frame and see how it looks....sometime


I got the idea to do some silhouettes of the kids in this awesome frame my friend Misty gave me but I'm trying to decide if it is just to much and if I should just leave the frame blank. What do you think? Really I would love a commentI still
I still need to do a bunch of touch-up work but I am very happy with the results. This summer, I am going to give our china hutch a paint job so I'm sure you will see some updates as time goes by, for now, I am one happy gal
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Danette~ said...

Hi, Chalise. I seen your fb status and had to take a peek. I hope you don't mind. Your kitchen looks fabulous. We're going to help my mom give her kitchen a facelift similiar to what you've done. We have to paint the cupboards and drawers. Something I'm not familiar with. I might have to ask you for pointers like if we need to sand them first or not before painting? Oh, and I love the silhouette pictures of your kids. I think it gives the space a great personal touch... that's my opinion!

Chelseys Blog said...

Chalise--- I LOVE your kitchen and am so jealous you have a house to paint....yea! I too love the silhouttes because it gives a personal touch..... but I like the frame more empty also.... I like things open. Leave it to me to not make a decision. either way... super jealous and love it. we love and miss you guys. Adelyn asked me last week if we could to move to where you guys moved? LOL--- would be great though huh!

Bryce and Kathy said...

I like the silhouettes! They add a lot of personality!! Awesome job btw..you should get a side job teaching others how to do it!!

Whit said...

sooooo cute! good job

What a life!! said...

SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!!! I WANT TO COME SIT AT THAT PAINTED TABLE AND LAUGH MY GUTS OFF!!!!! I MISS YOU QUITE A LOT MY DEAR!!!!!!

What a life!! said...

SO SO SO SO SO CUTE!!!! I WANT TO COME SIT AT THAT PAINTED TABLE AND LAUGH MY GUTS OFF!!!!! I MISS YOU QUITE A LOT MY DEAR!!!!!!

Patty Sampson said...

WOW! That looks Awesome! Great job! I am sure it was a lot of work. You did a great job. Love the look. :)

Mary said...

It's so bright and cheery now. Great look for a kitchen!

Mat and Brittena said...

Hey There!!! Your kitchen looks awesome!!! I'm going to be redoing our kitchen table in the coming summer and you've given me inspiration!! I was thinking about you the other day......miss you!

Meesha said...

Wow...what great work! I LOVE painting and redecorating projects...wish I was there to help.

PS: I say keep the silhouettes!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Love it! It looks so great!