The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Memory Lane is Open

This sounds like fun and I always love traveling down memory lane so go ahead and read on.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I (or you and Ammon) had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

14 comments:

Paige and Jason said...

I just read the memory you left on my blog and burst out laughing...hey at least you are honest. Thanks for that. Obviously there are so many memories of our growing up years that I can't narrow it down to just one. I do remember when you came up to stay with me for a few days when we lived in the mortuary. I remember having a long conversation about how you had not kissed a boy and I was trying to explain to you that someday you will be greatful to be able to have said that. I have always thought that we had alot in common and it was fun for me to watch you become a mother because I remember how much fun you used to have with Kaycee when she was little. I remember when you and Valerie would turn on "dancing all the day" from Janeen Brady and teach her the ballet steps. I used to love watching you guys with her. I have loved being your sister and am so greatful that our relationship is still so strong today. Love you!!!!!

Jonelle said...

Okay so one of the many memories I have with you is traveling to Delta for a wedding reception. Wow right. The car was not cooperating and we kept having to pull over and stop and we couldn't use the AC. It was great. Another one is when we went camping in Zion and on the way a song was dedicated that we would find four boys at the top of the moutain. Wonder where those boys ended up. Good times

Valeri Crockett said...

So I have this fond memory of getting ready to go to church and you were in your bedroom singing and listening to some tunes while your were getting ready. It must have been a song your really liked cause you were just busting it out. Erin and I walked in and you stopped singing and looked at us, smiled, and said "What?!" You're so funny! I just love ya!

Hanna said...

Okay, this memory is for Ammon. I remember when you really let me have it! You told me that all I do is lead guys on. That I would make them all think that I liked them, and that I shouldn't tell just anyone that I love them.(I always said "I love you!!!" to all my friends). You were pretty upset with me. I'm sorry about that! :) I'm glad that you told me though. It was a real awakening. How funny. We had so many fun times together!!! Remember when you would come out to my house with a load of friends and we would all go baja in your rig? lol. I'm glad to have become one of your friends.

Jossie said...

Chalise there are so many to choose from! I think I left a comment on this before but the inside jokes of "Switch" and "Never suck a turtle's toe...." will always stick with me. I also remember watching Whose Line is it Anyway? at your house before it was ever popular and playing a game that had to do with utensils and chanting something about Diet Coke :-) Maybe that's where my Diet Coke addiction stems from!

Jossie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacia said...

Hmmm... I can remeber lots of fun things with you like... "I'm not a boy I'm a girl!" but I think my favorite was one of your Birthday when we camped at the 5 mile and told fun scary and ate coca puffs for breakfast!

Jami & Mark said...

I have tonz of memories with you too! We had some great times at Rammettes with Steve Young and the wax lips. I also remember when I first got to know you...you had surgery on your hand and you couldn't do anything in shop class, so I hung out and talked to you. Oh, and that halloween we all dressed up as couples....I think Jack & I were doctors....your mom makes the best spudnuts!

Carrie and Tanner said...

Hey guys! I read your blog off of Mary's all the time. Hope all is well.

I remember one time Mike and I filled out an application for Ammon to work at Wendy's (without Ammon knowing about it). It was so funny- Mike made the application look like Ammon really wanted the job. He filled out the application saying something like Ammon had worked at Tacobell as a cashier, McDonald's as a janitor, and KFc as a mascott.

We then typed it up, put it in a nice portfolio and attached a nice snapshot of yours truly. You should have seen the look on the workers face when we handed it in through the drive-thru. Fun times...

Haley said...

Hi Chaliseepee!
I couldn't resist this invitation to share a memory.
I have a few I couldn't decide from so I may share a few :)
First one that came into my mind was our snowy walk at Snow College (no pun intended) Do you remember walking forever in the deep snow around Ephraim? We talked about men and the lack thereof in our lives. See, how things turned out in the end. Here we are now both blissfully married to amazing men.

I also remember you curled in a ball, with a blanket over the heater vents, both at Snow College and BYU.

You introduced me to curry. (Always eaten with one hand)

Also, you did one of the most thoughtful things for me on my Birthday. I remember you bringing me over breakfast in bed. No one had ever done that for me before. The only problem was I woke up earlier than usual and you were so disappointed to see me up and about already. It was the thought that counts and it was still delicious! You had also made me a beautiful scarf. I still wear it every winter!

I have more, but I don't want to take too much room on your blog.
You are invited to see my blog too, it is
freemanfun-haley.blogspot.com
Love you and miss you!! Haley

a bit of news from me: My book, A Future for Tomorrow, is done and being printed as we speak! It will be for sale in 2 weeks!!!!! Can you believe it! Check it out on my family blog and I have a blog for it as well.
afuturefortomorrow.blogspot.com

~Kreitzers said...

Oh boy....well I'll start when we were little and your Mom used to babysit me and she would tell us a story about the Indian in the cupboard. I remember every summer when the Smith boys would come and we would be in love with a different one each time. I remember when we were so mad a Valerie for locking us out of the tree house that we broke her stereo....sorry again Val :) I remember loving to sleep at your house because we'd get a hot breakfast and you loving to sleep at my house because we got to have cold cereal. I can't not mention coming over EVERY Christmas morning. I'm mad at myself right now because I know there is a funny memory out there that is not coming to me so.....to be continued!

Matt and Valerie said...

Okay Cheese,
There are obviously a zillion memories, some good, some not so much. The memory I choose to bring to your attention is when Shelby was sitting on your lap and I said her name and she peed all over you. Ha, ha, good times. Or the time Shelby came out on stage during the opening assembly. Sure love ya tons.
Val

Matt and Valerie said...

The Parowan Gazebo State Show was very fun but the memory I would have to put down is the Brice Canyon Chuck Wagon dinner. The food was great and the dancing was awesome. The best part was seeing Etmo the Mountain Man save our wagon from Indians. Someone should name a bowling alley after him! It was a blast...sorry Ammon, but Chalise was with another guy at the time.
Matt

Michelle and Nick said...

THe memories that are coming to me right now are when you told me that you were pregnant with Addie up in Seth's bedroom. Another fun memory from that room is when you and I were in there and Nick and Ammon were downstairs with the baby monitor and so we decided to play a joke on them and started talking about what an amazing lover Ammon was. He came up the stairs so fast to put a stop to that conversation.