The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We're Going on a Bug Hunt,gonna catch a Big One...We're not Scared!

Addie's got a Bug Catcher from her Aunt Stephanie. The other day, Addie and I wanted to go bug hunting. She went and got all of her bug catching gear. I asked her what the monkey hat was for...she said it was her pirate hat - uh...okay Curious Geor...Jack Sparrow. She looks so professional! All scientists wear monkey hats on the job.
Here Addie is collecting her own data of this amazing moth species. What could it be Addie?...hmm possibly a Megathymus streckeri, or perhaps a Erynnis brizo species. What a smart little Entomologist you are Addie!
Here's her pirate booty...uh, I mean catch of the day. She was so proud of her moth...she caught a BIG one too...and she wasn't scared at all!

3 comments:

Michelle and Nick said...

Funny girl! And I'm sure you knew all of those fancy words without any help right?

~Kreitzers said...

What a cute bug hunter. I love the funny stories you have listed down the side, what a CHARACTER!

Stacia said...

It was fun to see you at the pool I should have talked to you More you had a lot of family there, looked like fun! your kids are so cute! Maybe we'll you around labor day!