The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, May 15, 2008

flashback friday


Todays flashback is from my college days and great friends. This is a picture of my pal Erin and I. We wanted to scare our dates when they came to pick us up to go country swinging so we went to DI to find the ugliest cowboy clothes we could. I don't think this picture really does our clothes justice. Our pants are those pleather (plastic leather) snakeskin pants. Oh yeah we looked good. Did you know that cardboard and tinfoil make great belt buckles? yup they do. I think our dates didn't quite know what to think...but you know my "date" is now Erins husband so I guess her outfit was better ;-)
ahhh the good old days of trying to make fools of ourselves...what am I talking about...what good old days, I still dress like this daily.
p.s. don't worry, we changed into regular clothes before we left.

7 comments:

Jossie said...

That is AWESOME! I love how your red sleeves totally clash with the red pants of a different shade :-) That is so funny!

Josie said...

Very funny! I love the belt buckles.

Shannon said...

Those are groovy get-ups. Great idea with the belt buckle. It's so much fun to see what you have been up too. I am excited to be back in touch with you.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's hilarious! I love flashback Fridays. I know Ernie loved being roommates with you. You've been such an awesome friend to her. Hey remember our fun game 1, 2, 3, pose? ! I wish we could see you this weekend, but I think we might barely miss you. Dang it!

Erin said...

Hey there swingin' sister! I love that picture! Did you know it was on my desk the entire time I worked in Provo? Yep-I got quite the comments about those belt buckles. You are awesome and "flasback Fridays" are awesome. See you soon!

Susy said...

Hi Chalise! Your blog is darling. I love checking in on you guys. I always have a good chuckle. I'm adding you guys to my list. Send me an e-mail so I can send you an invitation to our blog. My email is tsbenson@juno.com.

Scott, Brooke, & Mason said...

I LOVE the belt buckles!