The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's Kimballs turn again

So it's time for this little man to have another turn on the blog. Kimball is in a fun and frustrating time right now. His personality is coming out a lot more and it's fun to watch. He loves his cowboy boots and prefers to eat right out of the flatbed of his truck as you can see below.
He is a SUPERdad and takes very good care of Addies babies. He loves taking them on walks and making sure that they have their own blanket...HE knows better than anyone that a blankie is a very important commodity.
Last week he had to have an Echo done for a heart mummer that he has. He had to hold still for over an hour so they had to totally put him under and I was very nervous about the whole process. He is at a very clingy stage right now and I was not looking forward to how he would deal with all this but he did WONDERFUL. He didn't seem nervous at all to have them sticking him with needles and putting I.V's in him. I'm so glad Ammon was able to give him a priesthood blessing the night before because I know that was a direct result of the blessing. He did fight going to sleep right away and tossed for about 15 minutes but then he did great.
Here we are waiting in the waiting room.
It was a little nerve racking seeing the tubes and everything on my baby but I was able to stay there with him the whole time. It was quite funny to see him acting so drunk when he came out of the anesthis....anasthetic.......When he woke up. It's good practice to know what to look for during those teenage years :-)

p.s. We got the results back the same day and everything is good.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shannon said...

All those tubes....your little guy is a trooper! I love his prefered method of eating. So funny!

Erin said...

Oh wow, I hope everything is ok with the heart murmur! Please keep us updated!!! We love you all!

CJ Armstrong said...

I am glad that everything turned out for the best for him. I miss you guys so much. Love ya!

Kristi Barnes said...

Wow.....that's not fun. I remember them having to check Andrew's heart murmur as an infant and that is always scary. I love that you put quotes on the side of your blog, it keeps me laughing. I really need to do a better job of writing things down they say...it's priceless!

Nicole said...

I love your blog! Poor little guy... what an ordeal. I'm glad that things turned out okay. He's so sweet.