Well for any of you who have read any of my siblings blogs, this will probably be a repeat of everything that you have read but since this is a journal for me, I'm writing about it anyway. So this thanksgiving was such a blast. There were 5 of the 7 kids (+ spouses and children of course) that came for Thanksgiving this year. Well with 12 adults and 13 kids we knew we would be pretty squished trying to eat in the livingroom so for the last several months I have been going over to Parowan whenever I can to help clean my parents garage and for those of you who have ever seen my parents garage, you would know this was NO SMALL PROJECT!!!! They have lived there for over 30 years and the garage is their storage space.....for everything. Ammon and I emptied out the entire top of the garage and that was interesting. They have saved so many things and it was so nice to just clean and de-junk it. My dad insulated the walls, and we laid carpet (pictured below). My mom makes beautiful quilts so we hung them up on the walls for her own personal quilt show and we added lamps, plants and a few other decorations and it turned out so wonderful. It was so great to have a place for us all to fit in and eat and play games together. I love my family.
My sisters Paige and Val hanging my mom's beautiful quilts.
The night before Thanksgiving, we have a tradition of having a pig dinner. This is actually where we eat out of trophs and we can't use our hands. I've posted several pig dinners on this blog before but none of Kimball and Addie so here they are at the pig dinner.
Well that is it for Thanksgiving part one. Michelle...my personal dictionary, I'm sure I will be hearing from you of I'm sure the many mis-spellings that may be in here.


5 comments:
I only noticed a couple problems, but mostly just words needing to be capitalized or have a space. The only misspelled word I saw was troughs. But I wouldn't have said anything unless you goaded me. You know I can't back down from a challenge. If you are so concerned--just use spellcheck. I depend on it all the time. I notice words spelled wrong, but I don't spell them right all the time either. Love you!
It looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving, that's a beautiful quilt!
Hey Chalise! Looks like a fun Thanksgiving. And I have to say...the spaghetti pict is pretty darn funny! You have such a cute family! Yes-www.artscow.com gives you tons of free stuff when you first sign up. (and it's free to sign up too) like 1200 prints and 3 8x8 books plus a ton more. Crazy huh? The shipping can be pretty pricey though-it comes from Hong Kong I think. Anway, I just got back my books and they look really nice. I accidently off centered the cover, but oh well.
Let me just say that I LOVE the pic of your hub and kids with Spaghetti on their heads! It's SO cute! Usually when I'm gone I just come home to blocks and crackers all over the floor. :)
You had such a big part in turning that garage into our "family room" so KUDO'S to you. I am so glad we had that time to spend with everyone. And thank you so much for getting the twilight tickets for everyone. I feel so incredibly blessed to be in our family. We sure love you guys;
Post a Comment