The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, April 24, 2008

flashback friday

My friend Jossie does "flashback friday" on her blog and I love reading her flashbacks so I thought I would start doing some flashbacks as well.

My first flashback is Val, Mel and I at the trailor we lived in when we worked at Bryce Canyon. This trailor was tiny. We lived in a trailor park that was truly TRASHY and because we didn't have hot water, we used the "community" restroom and showers. Yeah there is nothing like having to own a pair of shower shoes so that you do get some strange fungus. I loved looking down in the shower and seeing the drain clogged with hair that was not my own. Yikes. But my favorite part of the restroom was all the dead bugs and moths above the sink when I would wash my face. yeah nothing makes me feel more clean! Ahhh the memories.

6 comments:

Paige and Jason said...

boy that does bring back the memories. I especially loved giving the trailor and enima...it was no wonder the grass and weeds grew especially green right below the hole/tube. Love those times hu?

Matt and Valerie said...

So many fun memories at Bryce - I am SOOO glad that we worked there together, and glad that we had the chance to be "white trash" for a while living in the trailer park. I sure miss you tons - can't wait to see you again, whenever that may be. Love ya!
Val

Michelle and Nick said...

I think that trailer in Pink Cliffs holds a lot of fond memories for all of us. Of course Paige and I had some fun times down in Tropic as well...gotta love natural gas.
Don't you sometimes wish you could go back to those carefree days when all you had to worry about were which shifts you were working and memorizing the state show?

Rhiannon said...

So funny! Your whole family is so tied to that place! I can remember hearing stories form all of you guys living there.

Great flashback!

Jossie said...

Nice! I love that you were trailer trash for a while :-) Aren't flashback fridays fun? I just got some baby pictures from my mom so those will be going up soon.

Paige and Jason said...

Hey where was your flash back friday post today...you slacker :-)