The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

100 things

So I was challenged to this little...no make that this big thing of 100 things about me so prepare yourself to be amazed....HA HA HA. Actually grab some no-dose if you intend to get through this cause it might be pretty boring


1. I was a clogger from the time I was 4 up till I was 6 months pregnant with Addie and I miss it a ton.

2. I have recently become a big "LOST" fan.
3. One of my dreams in life is to go to Nauvoo in every season. So far I have been in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Only one season left.
4. My favorite all time movie is probably Anne of Avonlea.

5. I have a dream to go to Prince Edward Island someday.
6. I am the youngest of 7 children

7. No I was not spoiled.
8. I had 17 cats at one time when I was in college...none of them were inside cats. They were all Ferrel(I'm not a crazy cat lady). There were 2 cats that had a litter of kittens at the same time. I set up a "No more kitty fund" and I (well not me personally) got 4 of them spade/neutered.

9. I had a paper route growing up. It always took me much longer than my brothers and sister, because I would play with all the pets. I think I knew all my customers animals by name.

10. I was in drill team and drama in high school. We took State in both.

11. One of my very favorite things to do is garden.

12. My favorite sound in the whole world is my childrens laughter

13. From the time Ammon and I re-met to the time we were married was 3 and 1/2 months.

14. I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education.

15. My freshman year in college I was on a theater scholarship and was in the play "Blythe Spirit"
16. For the first few hours of Kimballs life, his name was McKay.

17. Ammon and I went camping (tent, no padding) for 4 days in Colorado when I was 7 months pregnant with Addie.....yeah not too comfortable but it was fun.

18. I love doing crafty things.

19. Before I got married, I was very independent and loved working with my hands. Now I feel very dependant on Ammon and he usually does all the handiwork around the house.

20. I didn't have an epidural or any drugs when I gave birth to Kimball.
21. I had over 50 roommates during my collage days.

22. Lynn Cheney (Dick Cheneys wife) is my second cousin.

23. I have a dream to own a tandem bicycle one day.

24. I think I have the greatest family and friends in the world

25. I love musicals and Broadway play.

26. Right now I am a ward chorister and in my previous ward I was the primary chorister and I really don't know how to read music. yeah it's intimidating

27. I despise trying to figure out what to make for dinner every night but i actually enjoy cooking.

28. I really hate spiders

29. I grew up on goats milk. Yes we had goats, chickens, ducks, an occasional pig, sheep, and 2 turkeys that we named Thanksgiving and Christmas. This was in addition to our dogs, cats, rats (pet rats) and rabbit.

30. This is taking me FOREVER to do this. I have been working on this for a couple of days.

31. One of my favorite things to do is get some popcorn and root beer and snuggle up with Ammon for a good movie.

32. I like to make curry and my favorite is putting a seafood mix in that has squid, octopus, calamari, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

33. If I need to go somewhere, I like taking back roads. When I was in high school, I loved to just go drive the farm roads and turn the car off and sit and think. It was always so quiet and I loved being alone.

34. Sometimes when I driving down the road or in a store, I like to look at the people around me and try to guess what they do for a living or what kind of lives they live.

35. I love learning about history but I am very bad at remembering it.

36. When I was growing up, My sister Valerie and I fought constantly and made my moms life miserable by doing so. Now, we are very close

37. I have hay-fever and I wake myself up sneezing over and over. Luckily this is only in the spring but it is ironic that I am the only one out of my family that has hay-fever and yet my passion is flowers and gardening. These 2 things don't go together well.

38. When I am pregnant, I have really CRAZY dreams and I remember them when I wake up.

39. I used to play the violin and the flute.

40. I have a dream to really learn how to play the piano. Ammon and a lot of friends and family (thank you) surprised me for Christmas a couple years ago and got me a keyboard to help me achieve this goal. Like I said before, I have great friends and family.

41. I dislike being in any type of a leadership role. When I was in high school, I was nominated to be in the student body presidency and in the senior class presidency. I always voted for the other person and tried to get everyone around me to do the same.

42. I was the prom chairman and felt VERY out of my comfort zone. I hated trying to make everyone happy. This is why I don't like leadership roles. (that, and I don't feel confident making decisions other people have to live with)

43. I am a procrastinator

44. I work pretty well under stress but I don't like to.

45. I am not even half way done and I am stuck so now you will be hearing more about my amazing children and husband.

46. Ammon is very gifted at playing the guitar, singing and writing songs. I don't think he realizes how good he is.

47. Addie was signing when she was 9 months. This was very handy because if she couldn't say what she wanted, she could usually sign it and it really helped.

48. Addie loves quoting movies. Her favorite to quote is probably "Mary Poppins"

49. Before I had Kimball, I honestly was scared that I wouldn't love a boy as much as I had loved Addie. This was a ridiculous fear because you cannot help but absolutely LOVE Kimball the minute you look at him

50. I love doing Theme dinners. Our good friends Erin and Jason were great because they liked doing them too. Here are some pictures of a few.



51. If I had to choose to live by the mountains or the beach, I would choose the mountains, but I do love the beach and I wish we could go and show the kids. I think Addie would love it.

52. Ammon is one of the best organizers I know. He used to organize our pantry weekly just because he liked to do it.

53. I have to go change a poopy diaper

54. I have had my gall bladder removed.

55. My favorite dinner would be a fresh from the garden: corn on the cob, squash, fresh tomatoes, marinated cucumbers, beans and maybe some crab legs. I just discovered I REALLY LOVE CRAB!

56. I like trying to figure out how to make things. Whenever I go shopping for home decor or clothes, I always think "Oh I could make that for so much less". I usually never get around to it though.

57. My greatest joy is being a mom.

58. Kimball is really into growling right now. He also likes to grab whatever he can reach and usually that is my hair

59. My hair is longer than it has ever been in my life.

60.One of the things that caught my attention with Ammon was that he did a Michael Flately impression.

61. I hate when my kids are sick because I feel so helpless.

62. I love watching Ammon interact with my family.

63. I won't drive in big city's like Vegas, SLC unless I know exactly where I am going. I know, I am a wimp.

I don't think I will make it to 100, I am just going to go for 70

64. Ammon collects swords.

65. Ammon was a model for Joseph Smith in one of Del Parsons paintings. If you want to see it, it is on page 46 of the new Joseph Smith manual.(sp?)

66. I love being from Parowan. I think Parowan has a great heritage and great traditions, especially around the holidays.

67. I worked at Bryce Canyon for 3 summers and lived in a 22 ft. trailer with my sister and my friend Melanie. We didn't have hot water or TV or SPACE but it was very memorable.

68. I have never felt so out of my element as I did when I started working at Bryce Canyon but I am so glad that I did and I look back with fond memories.

69. My family and I often break out into song. We (mostly Val and I) especially like singing songs from the State Show, which was a show we would do weekly at Bryce Canyon.

70. I worked at a Mexican food place in Parowan for 3 days until I quit because the dishwasher (who was 23 and I was 16) who didn't speak a word of English, kept trying to kiss me. yes, I know I should have done something about it instead of quit but like I said, I was a wimp.

Well to those of you who got through this, congratulations.





4 comments:

Jossie said...

Oh I wish you could've gotten to 100!! This was really interesting. Hey what about our inside jokes from high school. Never suck a turtle's toe, or Shad's best friend Joe. What was that about, anyway??!! One other thing I remember is saying family prayers with your family and having to say what our favorite thing was about that day. I want to do that when my kids get older. So, there's two more for ya!

Valeri Crockett said...

That was fun to read! I am happy to say I was 1 of 50 roommates. . . it wasn't for very long but it was fun!! love ya!

The Nut House said...

Well that was just darn fun to read and very interesting...because you and I have a whole lot in common. Wish you could have gotten to 100. I hope we will see a lot of you when we come down next week. We will be there from Mon. morning until Sat. morn. See ya soon.
xoxo- Paige

Emily said...

Howdy! I liked all of your answers...very cute. So has Mel started her blog yet?