Well, I can take a little breather now. My dance class has come to a close and the girls did such a cute job. I think I teach the cutest little girls and I will be so sad to see many of them move away. Teaching dance was a great experience but a very stressful one for me and I don't think I will be teaching next year. If no one else shows interest in teaching here, and if I can make up all the dances over the Summer so it won't be as stressful next year then maybe I will but I need to simplify my life a little.
All in all, I'm so glad I got to teach these wonderful little girls.
This is my youngest class performing their tap dance of "Little White Duck"
My older class (Addies class) performing their tap routine of New York, New York.
My younger class performing Zippity-do-dah
Here is Addies class performing Splish Splash. Addie is in the back center. Addie did such a great job. She has great stage presence and I just couldn't keep my eyes off her cute smile.
Here is the finale with both classes doing "I've Seen the Light". Even though there was a little confusion of when they should be on stage, they still are so dang adorable. :-)
My favorite thing that I did this year was that at the end of each dance class, the dancers would line up and one at a time, they would take center stage, shout out "I'M WONDERFUL!" and then they would curtsy and get a treat. It was the dancers favorite part too. I would have some of them ask several times through dance class "Is it time for I'm wonderful yet?" I loved watching each of their personality's come out during this part. Here is Addie doing "I'm wonderful"

2 comments:
I am so impressed... this is awesome Chalise! I am so jealous you get to dance again, and teach Addison.
That is so fun that you are teaching! You do such a great job! I love the "I'm wonderful" kids need that! They are really cute little girls! I think it would totally stress me clear out to teach! Plus i have a gigantic fear of rejection and letting people down... but then at times I think I would love it! I will be watching to see if you end up doing it next year after you have a break for a min. :)
Post a Comment