The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Saturday, May 12, 2012

life lately

HOLA AMIGOS!!!
What better way to start May then celebrating with great friends at a fun Cinco de-meyo party.  They said there were extra coolness points if you dressed up...I think they were thinking if you dressed Mexican.
 
I'm not quite sure what Ammon was thinking though. 
 
They even had a pinata.  Go Zorrow go.  Fight that colorful donkey 
Looks like someone had a little too much Tequila.  I guess you could say she had a plethora of Tequila
 
Other May days are relaxing and playing out on the playground.  I love it when Avonlea chooses her own outfits.  She always looks so cute.  You can see Addie relaxing on the slide in her swimsuit.  Her and Kimball had played in the sprinklers earlier in the day and just stayed in their swimsuits.  Works for me, less laundry to wash :-)
  
of course when it's time to do chores around the house, there is always someone to help play in the bubbles.
Or, help with the baby I am babysitting this week. 
 
 

Yeah I think it is safe to say my kids are smitten with this baby. 

The evenings have been wonderful BBQ weather, so that's what we do.  We had the Calls over the other night and just as they were getting ready to head home, we decided to break out our coolest cartwheels and somersaults.  Some of us are not as young as we use to be ;-/ 

Yesterday, Ammon took his last final of the semester so we celebrated by painting our living room.
 
and believe me, it took a looooong time with that tiny brush ;-) j/k

After we finished painting we thought 'hey why not go camping as a family?' so we packed our van as quickly and headed out.  We had a hard time finding a spot so by the time we got everything set up, it was 9pm.  We also had to be home early this morning for Ammon to go to work.  I think we spent more time packing up, setting up, taking down, then we actually spent camping but the s'mores and peach cobbler were well worth it.
 
 
 
We had a mostly uneventful night except Kimball waking up in the middle of the night and when Kimball is ornery, there is NO reasoning with him.  I thought it would be a disaster with him waking up the whole campground but Ammon's stories have a magical affect on him.  Luckily Avonlea slept through the whole thing and she was up bright and early this morning to supervise as we packed up camp. 
Addie and Kimball slept through everything which made me realize that I just need to have a lot of noise going on if I ever want these kids to sleep in.

Chloe enjoyed camping, especially when we broke out the bubbles. 
And that is a little of our life lately
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh, i miss you guys! looks like a lot of fun. can't wait to see the pictures of all of your projects!