The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's School Time

"SUUUUUUUMER-TIIIIIIIIIIME, when the livin' is easyyyyyyy. Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is hiiiigh" (please imagine me singing this in a very cool, smooth, jazzy voice. I know it is hard to imagine but if you try very hard...never mind. Just imagine Ella Finzgerald singing it so we can get on with our post. )

(Addie and her best bud Savannah, enjoying a Popsicle on their last day of summer)

Well, like all good things, summertime has come to an end, although judging by the temperature here the last couple days, you would never guess it. The backpacks are out and filled with new school supplies and Addie is now a 1st grader. Is it just me or is that one beautiful first grader there? Sometimes I just look at that girl and think, "my goodness, she is pretty" and she is such a sweet girl too. I sometimes wonder if she needs hearing aids or better yet, just one ear plug so the things I say don't just go in one ear and out the other but I LOVE this girl and she always continues to amaze me.
By the way, speaking of beautiful things, check out my flowers in the background.

Some of those Zinnias are taller than me. It makes it so fun to come home to. I love my flowers


2 comments:

Emily said...

why does she look so old in those school pics?! holy cow. i'm not a fan of this growing up thing! she's adorable though!

Kathryn said...

Love the hip-pop. I'm not sure why girls are so good at that!