The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meet Chloe

We finally got a dog and here she is Isn't she cute? She is so good about staying in her cage ALL DAY!!! We just have to break her of her binky now. I kid, I kid. But really, we did finally get a dog and her name is Chloe. We told the kids we were getting a dog on Addies birthday and this was their reaction





We had been searching and searching for a dog and I can't believe how complicated and expensive they make it to adopt a dog from a shelter. Luckily, we found a family on Craigslist who were moving and couldn't take their dogs with them. Chloe seemed like the perfect fit for our family so we went and met her, and she IS the perfect match for our family. This is Chloe bear



Here she is in the bathtub the night we got her.


Her hair got so curly when it was wet. She is a pure bred Cocker Spaniel and is 4 years old. She is already housebroken which is a major relief for us and is so gentle with the kids. I think she is still trying to get use to all the commotion that comes with 3 kids running around and probably wondering why the heck she can't go home but she has been my little shadow and seems to have taken an extra liking to me.

The good news for Ammon is that he always has an attentive audience whenever he wants now. She is so entranced by his music.....as am I

As you can see, she is VERY loved by all. We are so happy to have her in our family and are so glad we found her.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

What a life!! said...

I love the one where she is listening to ammon. Thanks for coming and staying with us-I needed it. Love ya.

Emily said...

very cute! it can be tough to find a dog that fits so well with a family...very lucky for you guys!

Kathryn said...

Cool. I didn't even know you wanted a dog.