The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Monday, August 22, 2011

an entertaining evening


Tonight we had a family movie night and watched the movie "8 Below" It's a movie about sled dogs and the kids....well, they really got into it. The movie wasn't a comedy but Ammon and I couldn't stop laughing. Our kids became the entertainment. Let me give some examples.
At one point in the movie, a man has a radio and falls through the ice. Let's just say if Addie thought she was in the movie and was that character. Here is the jist of her conversation with herself "Oh, HE FORGOT HIS RADIO!! I've got my radio, and dying! WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO THINK ABOUT? DYING!!!!" Now she says all of this focusing straight on the TV and very excitedly and she CANNOT hold still. She was VERY into it!
At another point, there is a dog that falls down a glacier and dies. Wow, those kids were quite upset. Addie was getting a little teary and I look over at Kimball and his lower lip is just jutted out, and quivering. He had the biggest crocodile tears in his eyes and just buries his head into my chest and cries and cries. It was so sad but so sweet. I explained to them that this is just a movie and this really didn't happen. He was okay after that.
At another point, Kimball asked if when he turns into an animal, if I will still love him?....Kimball acts like an animal many days and I still love him so I had no problem saying "Of course Kimball." He said he was going to turn into a zebra. Maybe I should explain that we don't believe in reincarnation :-) Addie then asked me if Kimball was a zebra and I was a lion, if I would eat him? Hmmmmm....where is she going with that.
I wish I could remember all the other funny things from watching the movie with them. Mostly, it was just watching their reactions to everything.
p.s. oh, and Addie kept calling the meteor's, Meat eater's. I thought it was cute

No comments: