Have you had your rest? Are you fully awake? Grab some pixie sticks and sit on down because this is going to be a Loooooooooong post. I have been anxious to share these photos of my family reunion but dreading actually sitting down and blogging about it because there are so many fun pictures that capture great memories that I am just going to have to share so I hope you're ready.
Alright, we have already posted about Ammons fun family reunion and now it is time for the fun Vincent family reunion. There are 39 of us now (I think) and everyone was able to make it except for 1 brother-in-law, which is fine because he stinks anyway...Just kidding Jason, you were VERY very missed.
It all started out on Sunday evening with pictures....are you ready to see my cute family? Well here they are
My cute Mumsie and Popsicle....the most wonderful parents I've ever had ;-)
Me own lil family. I think we took about 20 pictures with 3 different cameras and there is not ONE where everyone is looking at the camera or has their hand up their shirt. Luckily in this picture it is Kimball instead of Ammon who's hand is up his shirt. I kid, I kidHere is all the siblings with Mom and Dad.....I love my family So much. They are wonderful
I've always wanted to be the thdar of the thsow!Here is the whole kit and caboodle...minus Jason of course. Sorry the picture isn't very good, I had to download a copy of it from Shutterfly.
And here we are in all our glory
My oldest sister Darla and her family
My brother Denny and his family
My sister Michelle and her family
I love this picture of Michelle and Tess. This was the first time I got to meet Tess and she is such a doll
My sister Paige and her girls
My brother Kyle and his family
My sister Valerie and her familyAmmon and I wanted to get a picture together...
Here he is getting ready for his "drill team" photo shoot
awwwwww...."Help! someone save me....He's going in for the kill"
uhhhhh... Ammon?
Now that's better
Have you ever wondered how many kids will fit on a swing set?
OK, now onto the reunion. The whole thing was based on Pioneers. My mom made bonnets for all the girl and pioneer caps for all the boys.
Is everybody ready for the Pioneer macarayna?
Pioneer Pastimes
The boys hand ground the wheat into flour
Then the girls made bread out of the flour
We all took turns making a meal. Ammon and I did biscuits and gravy...yummmm
What hansom lads. I love those pioneer hats.
Addie and Kimball all ready for the ride...for some reason, this seems to be Kimballs favorite pose when I point a camera at him
Side note: Did you know that the hymn Cary On is actually written about Parowan? That was it's original title. Every time I drive into Parowan, in my mind, I start singing "Firm as the mountains around us..."
After we got back, my mom helped all the grandkids put on a little play with all the uses of flour sacks. It was quite cute.
That night, we went out to the Parowan gap and ate stew and the yummy bread that everyone helped to make. Doesn't Addie look so genuinely happy in this picture? I took her away from playing with her cousins to snap a picture of her and Kimball.
The next morning we woke up and all hiked the "P"hill. Kyle and Lena had breakfast up there waiting for us. The kids all did really well, and I was grateful for my brother in law Jack, who offered to carry Kimball on his shoulders.
Addie and sweet Liv. These 2 are so cute. I could listen to Liv talk for hours with her sweet little voice. I have the cutest nieces and nephews ever!!!
To end our reunion, we rented the Parowan pool and had SO much fun! Kimball is so dang strong. Just look at all those bulging muscles. He becomes the incredible Hulk and his muscles turn green...either that, or he has a bad case of gangrene
The best part of the whole reunion was just all the laughs and jokes and just being together. I am so glad we were able to be there
Now Pat yourself on the back (but don't give yourself any welts), you have made it through the entire post!!!! wee haw

3 comments:
Looks like you had so much fun! I love Parowan too! Your family is so much fun! I'm bummed we didn't make it to the "P"hill while we were there. My kids would have loved it. How are things working out with your dog? Sorry I never got back to you about what kind of dog my mom has I was going to ask her but forgot... I really bad at knowing breeds. We are thing about getting a dog ourselves.. so let me know what you think?
Yep, your family is AWESOME! That looks like so much fun!
What awesome fun!
Post a Comment