The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"the desire to create"

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before" -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

This talk that Elder Uchtdorf gave back in 2008 really has stuck with me. I have found that I am a much happier person if I am creating. It allows me to be me and I enjoy it so much. I thought I would share some of my projects that I have been working on "I made some pillows for our couch. I wish I would have done them a little differently but they will do for now until I get sick of them. :-)I made some skirts for Addie. This skirt is a perfect spinning skirt. Addie really likes wearing these but it's not so wonderful when the high is 4 degrees. brrrrrrr......Just keep spinning, spinning spinningThis skirt still needs some pockets but she wanted to wear it and pockets can wait. I made myself an apron out of the same dollar material. yes!!!SASSY!!I am making some cards for my Mother-in-law and really enjoying it. It's fun and doesn't take as long as scrapbooking

Here is a sneak peak of some of your cards Mother Teresa...they will be in the mail soon

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are awesome! All of it is so dang cute. You need to be my sewing instructor...I really want to become good at it. Guess I need to find a way to get to NE... :)