The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Saturday, October 9, 2010

rub-a-dub dub

Rub a dub dub, 3 (dang cute) kids in a tub.

Time was short tonight and since "Saturday is a special day...." I put all 3 kids in the tub together. They all love the bath and Avonlea was the leader in the gang when it came to splashing. Lets just say while they were taking a bath, I was taking a shower.


Check out this cute bummy. I love baby bums, they are just to to cute. She will hate me for this picture when she is older I'm sure....especially since I'm blogging it but its just so cute. You have to pardon my hair. I have a personal stylist living with me. Addie did my hair today. Every one of her hair clippies was in my hair. I wish you could have seen it from the other side. She told me the "password" for this particular do is called "Fancy Nancy" so if any of you are interested, just drop the password and you will be looking like me in no time...wait I guess I should rephrase that if I want her to have any sort of career.


It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPER KIMBALLS cape...and it's moving....on it's own. Tonight as I was putting the kids pj's on, this cape just started moving, which made me start moving too:-) My first thought was that a squirrel (which there are a bazillion here) had somehow got in our apartment and was under Kimballs cape. It turned out that one of the ties had started to fray and had hooked on Kimballs foot. When Kimball ran out of the room, the cape started to dance.


I had to show you all the "Baby dance of Joy" (refer to the belly laughs to the right) that Avonlea does ALL THE TIME! My favorite moment of the day is when I hear Avonlea wake up and I go in to get her. She gets so happy and does the baby dance of joy. When I pick her up, she snuggles into my neck and clings to me...for about 5 seconds...and then she is DONE being snuggly and wants to crawl around...speaking of crawling she is almost there. She army crawls anywhere she wants and gets into everything. She also gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth all the time. She will soon begin teaching a yoga class and will teach you anything you need to know about up-dog and down-dog...those are her personal favorites.

Ammon and I have arranged it so that Saturday is my day to sleep in and Sunday is his....but who can sleep in when there are yard sales going on I ask you. This morning, I got to go out BY MYSELF and and birthday shopping with my Birthday money (Thank you Mother Teresa). It was heavenly. Ammon doesn't get home until around 8:30 every night so I am NEVER alone...I love my kiddies but sometimes I just need to shop by myself. This morning, I decided to shop rather than sleep in and I found AWESOME sales...I LOVE finding a good sale. For $35 dollars, I got jeans, a cute top, a cardigan and some shoes. It was heavenly to just walk around the store at my own pace. Here are the shoes I bought...I went more daring than I usually go and it is really fun to be tall enough to kiss Ammon without him having to totally bend over. Thank you shoes, you will save me the cost of a neck brace

But I'll probably have to pay to go to a chiropractor after wearing them a couple hours :-)

I just had to include this picture because it is so dang cute. These clothes were sent by Ammons mommy and I just wanted her to be able to see the end result. so so Cute
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jonelle said...

Um just have to say, cute shoes and adorable kids. Glad you had a fun shopping trip.

Matt and Valerie said...

Not sure if I was in an extra funny mood tonight as I was reading this, but I was laughing so hard I was crying! You are hilarious and I miss you tons! By the way, I LOVE your shoes!!! SO CUTE! I don't know if I would dare buy them, but I love them and wish I had them. I really hope you guys decide to come home for Christmas - I need to have you around again. Love you!!!!

Michelle and Nick said...

just wanted to tell you that I love and miss you!

Misty Call said...

Hehe, I love cute little chubby bums too. Our kids may hate us for it later, but at least we can laugh and smile about it right now. And good job on the cute shoes you found. I went to some yard sales today and found some AWESOME stuff! I'm done with Addy and Maylie's Christmas shopping now (wahoo!), anyways, the whole reasons why I'm writing you this novel is I was wishing I had a yard sale buddy. So you so need to get moved in here so I can haul my neighbor along with me:)