I should have titled this summer project #1 because I actually did this one first. We got this hand-me-down desk when we were newlyweds and it was beat up and I wanted a change. I decided to make my own change.
.jpg)
I had to laugh at myself because here I am so sick of white walls and talk about how I am so excited to one day be in a place where I can paint my walls a color other than white and then what do I do? I re-do my furniture and paint it WHITE! However, my walls will not always be white and when that day comes, this desk is going to look great against a non-white wall and it is very versatile so it can go with whatever color I so choose...so there.
If you will notice, the chair in this picture is a little brown. I went to Walmart to get some black paint for my kitchen chairs and would you believe they don't sell "BLACK" paint. I was a little surprised but picked a color that looked black to me called "oil lamp." Guess what? oil lamp is not black. I decided to test it out on this chair first.....and yep it was brown! dark brown but still brown and not what I wanted. I took it back to Walmart and had them re-tint it. I had to beg a little but it turned out. I still haven't re-painted this chair though but now I'm thinking a red chair would be nice and would suffice.jpg)
I had to laugh at myself because here I am so sick of white walls and talk about how I am so excited to one day be in a place where I can paint my walls a color other than white and then what do I do? I re-do my furniture and paint it WHITE! However, my walls will not always be white and when that day comes, this desk is going to look great against a non-white wall and it is very versatile so it can go with whatever color I so choose...so there.


3 comments:
awesome! and i like the chair but i really love your idea of it being red.
THe desk looks amazing! I love doing things like that. I can't wait to have a home to have space to do projects like that!
Your projects look great! Way to go. And Avonely is so cute! Can't believe our babies are growing up so fast. Erin and Jason sure had fun w/ their visits with you!
Post a Comment