The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Friday, July 16, 2010

summer project #1

So this summer I have been working on some projects and I thought I would share some of them. Summer project #1 was to re-do my table. It was looking a little bit beat-up as you can see from the picture. I have been reading some blogs and got some ideas from http://allthingsthrifty.com love that blog. I decided to just paint my table and the best part is that I didn't even have to sand it down.
before shots



After shot. I painted the table white/cream then did a black glaze and painted my chairs black and scuffed them up some. I still need to fix a few things but I was sick of not having a table to eat on so I will have to finish them one chair at a time...for now, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mary said...

Awesome! We got a hand me down table from Kat and Sam, and I want to do the same thing.

Emily said...

again, it looks awesome! you do such a great job with these projects! i need some of your energy to do these projects to rub off on me. great job!

Cindy Anderson said...

Chalise! Wow! You are so talented. They look professionally done.

Nikki Nichols said...

Okay... the table is great too! OYu are so good!