The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Friday, July 16, 2010

finally

Well hello again blogging world and ALL of you readers (yes I say that sarcastically because I'm sure there aren't many left) Let me explain....no that would take to long, let me sum up (name the movie). We had camera problems, sent the camera in and so therefore didn't have a working digital camera for a couple months. We got it back today and long story short we will be looking for a new camera...problem still not fixed but I was able to snap a few photos...after all what is blogging without photos.
First off, Avonlea Elise is getting so big. She is such a sweet little girl and is smiling and giggling and rolling over like crazy. She is actually getting a tooth in but still such a good baby. I know, I've been spoiled when it comes to good babies. I hope I don't have to pay for it later.
So here she is today at 4 months old.


Yes she still has all her chins...and then some


This summer has been wonderful. Ammon is not going to school so we have been able to enjoy him when he gets home from work, rather than turning him over to his homework. He is on an alternate list at Creighton University in Nebraska but we are just planning on staying here for another year and doing this all again next year...blah. We have been enjoying the time however. They just opened a lake 5 minutes from our house so we went tonight after dinner to let the kids swim. Ammon caught a fish...in his hands....seriously it just swam right up to us and Ammon caught but it slipped out of his hands

Addie and Kimball loved the water and I'm excited to spend more time up there. Addie and Kimball are getting so big. Kimball is now potty trained and it was the easiest thing ever. I had been dreading it but I think it took maybe 2 days and he had it down. Ahhhh so nice. Addie is excited to turn 5 soon and continues to make us laugh every day with her personality. She just learned how to ride her bike without training wheels and could ride all day if I let her. Tonight as I was giving her a bath I couldn't believe all the bruises she had on her legs but as she told me "Hakuna Matata mom" so I guess if she is not worried, than why should I
Well that is a little of our lives. Next post is some of my projects that I have been working on.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

good update! that lake looks like a ton of fun! you will have to take us next time we are down there.

Nikki Nichols said...

Okay you are too gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

The Princess Bride.