The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Saturday, February 6, 2010

update January

So the kiddo's are busy, busy busy. Addie is loving learning and loves to write her ABC's and the # 1-20 everyday as her "homework" Her penmanship is almost better than mine. Luckily I know which way my b's and d's go so people don't mix up our writings. It's fun see her write notes to people and the way she sounds out words. That girl is a smarty.
Kimball is busy starting to learn how to go potty. I am especially grateful for my Rainbow vacuum right now. He is talking a lot more and we can understand him pretty well but I don't know that anyone else would be able to (thus the reason we told him the baby name). He and Addie love to chase each other around the house. Addie gets in about 20 different dress ups a day. This next picture, she happened to put them all on at once. There are about 7 layers of dress up on her. Kimball loves to follow Addie in everything she does.

Don't worry, we are working on our boy clothes dress up collection. However, when the music comes on, nothing beats Addies red sparkle cape to dance in.
January 10th was Ammon's Birthday. If you don't know, Ammon is obsessed with root beer and for his birthday he wanted a root beer tasting test. If he ever wants to treat himself to a treat, he will buy the IBC draft root beer in the glass bottles. I bought 5 different kinds of root beer. IBC, A&W, mug, the cheap Walmart brand and one more that I can't remember. My parents and Michelle and Nick also joined us for the test. This was a "blind" test and no one knew which one they were drinking. The funnest part was watching Ammon when he realized which one he chose. 3 out of 6 people (including Ammon) chose the cheap Walmart brand. My dad was the only one to choose IBC. This made me happy because now we just keep a couple of the IBC bottles in our freezer and fill them with the walmart brand root beer. I think we will be saving $$$.
On a side random note, I think we found a new favorite drink last night. We got it at Fresh Market and it is called Manzanita Sol. It taste like apple beer but it is cheap. YUMMY!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary said...

The best root beer I've ever tasted is henry weinhard's. But you can't buy it in Cedar. Next time you're in Mesquite, you should splurge and get some. Yum.

Rhiannon said...

That cake cracks me up! I can tell I'd like your hubby. I like line crossers. Root beer always tastes best to me when it's home made. And I can never turn down a good cup o' sassafras.