The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Sunday, February 14, 2010

That was NOT romantic

Happy Valentines Day
This year for Valentines day, I thought I would surprise Ammon with a nice dinner. Usually it's whatever I find hiding is some deep dark part of my fridge ;-) Well there were some AMAZING sales on crab and lobster. Crab has become my new favorite food. Ammon and I like to have "dates" after the kids go to bed having a picnic on the living room floor eating crab legs. Well I decided to try something new. I got a lobster and a whole dungenous(sp?) crab to eat, along with some fresh steamed asparagus, a yummy salad, stuffed mushrooms (which actually had grown in those deep dark corners of my fridge...just kidding) and pasta. It looked and smelled wonderful. We started eating the legs and claws and it was not quite as romantic when you have to crack the legs open for the kids as well but still nice. THEN....we got to the part of cutting open the bodies. I don't know if it is just the fact that we have been completely sheltered but this was the most unromantic thing I could have made. Have you ever seen the inside of a crab or lobster? It's what I imagined if I were to take off my scalp and look inside my brain, then squirt mustard all over it....YUMMY!!! Here have a bite. It's a good thing Ammon was willing to do all this because I think I would have just thrown it in the trash after seeing that sight. I'm sure it just made Ammon feel all warm and fuzzy inside that I made this dinner for him. XOXOXOX I think from now on, we will just stick with the legs.

4 comments:

Hanna said...

lol, that's funny! If it makes you feel better, the dates I plan are NEVER how I imagine. They are always the funny ones though...haha!

Rhiannon said...

It is gross, but oh so good! And after awhile it just becomes part of the whole experience. There is NOTHING like eating, cracking and sucking out all of the parts. Crab, lobster, shrimp or crawdad's it's worth all the effort and the effort is what makes it fun!

Teresa said...

Chalise, I've learned that the nicest Valentine dinner is Chex cereal. Ya got your Rice, your corn, and your wheat Chex. Mix 'em altogether in a big bowl, light a candle, and tell your sweetheart that it's a soybean, tofu dish from Martha Stewart, and that all the guys love it. Fools them every time! I have lots more advice. Call me. We'll talk.

pendant lighting said...

SO funny!