The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Saturday, September 15, 2007

He's here!

Hooray!!! He is here!Kimball Vincent Mitchell has finally joined our family. This is the first chance I have had getting on the computer since we have been home. So here is the scoop. On Tuesday the 11th, I went to the doctor to have a fun little procedure done to try to get me going into labor, called "stripping of the membrain." It is not a pleasant experience but it was worth it. That evening around 5pm I started having contractions but they were very irregular. My mom and Valerie dropped by on their way home from the airport and Valerie ended up staying so that if I did go into labor that she could be with Addie. Well, the contractions kept coming and Valerie and I helped them along by doing old Rammette dances in between contractions. It was quite comical. Around 9:00pm we went to the hospital because they were starting to get pretty intense. There is no way I could have done this without Ammon. He was so great and helped me to focus and relax during the contractions and then we would chat inbetween and then would come another contraction. Well around 11:30, I had gone into the bathroom and they suddenly became VERY INTENSE!!!!! I was throwing up and could not focus for the life of me. My midwife came in and I went back to the bed. I never imagined feeling so much pain but luckily my water broke and within about 15 minutes of intense crazy pain, Kimball came. I really didn't think I was going to make it and it was a little scarry because his heart rate went WAY down and when he came out, the cord was wrapped around his neck twice. They delivered him up onto my chest and seeing this little baby laying on me, my heart began to grow. Ammon was crying and I was too tired to do anything but stare at this baby. He is so beautiful! He weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz and was born at 12:08am so he is NOT a 9/11 baby. He was 19 inces long with some blonde hair, 10 fingers and 10 toes.
Addie came to the hospital and just stared at him and smiled. She just had her hand to his face and would put her cheek on his tummy. It was really sweet to watch.
We love having him home and I feel really well considering I just had a baby. This recovery was SO much better then with Addie.


Well, he is getting hungry so I need to go but I hope you enjoy the pictures and I would love to hear from any of you who have made it through this blog.

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Love getting on here to see you guys! He is such a cute baby. Aren't they all little miricales! I'm proud of you using your womanly powers, nothing beats an unmedicated birth. I'm actually going to be going to midwifery school. But it's been forever since we've talked. Anyway, your little fam is supper sweet.

I had to laugh at your 10 finger and 10 toes comment!!!

All my love to you guys!

Jamee said...

Congratulations, Chalise and Ammon! What a beautiful boy- you do great work. Enjoy getting to know your newest family member!

Love, Jamee (and Jason)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

He is sooo cute! I can't believe I will be there soon-and probably before I know it. We are even having a boy too! I have to admit I am a little nervous for the labor part. Well congrats! What a cute little family.