I wrote this post several weeks ago but had problems uploading the video's so never published it. I decided to publish it anyway and I will keep working on the video's.
I have one of my New Years resolutions: TO BE DONE WITH CHRISTMAS PRESENTS BEFORE HALLOWEEN!!! This year has been so crazy. I have a million things to do and I'm so behind in everything. A few years ago, I did my shopping all year long and had everything ready by Thanksgiving and it was so nice to just enjoy December instead of STRESS! stress! STRESS! I want Christmas to be a time of reflection and enjoyment. Not a season of the kids wondering if their mom is going crazy.Here is the scoop. I have started teaching a ballet/tap/jazz class for little girls. I have 3 cute classes and the girls are wonderful. Last night was our Christmas recital, and I was crazy enough to make all the tutu's for it to save on money. They turned out cute but I'm glad they are done. The girls did so well. Here are a couple of videos
Addie is on the back, second from the left. She did so great. I wish Ammon could have recorded more of the dance but a little girl/tornado wanted to be in the dance class too. Recording in one hand and holding a tornado in your other arm is a little difficult as you can imagine.
Tonight was our ward Christmas party which the primary was in charge of. I'm in the presidency so Ammon got nominated to be a Roman Soldier for a small part at the beginning and he was suppose to be in costume. Well you know me, always pinching penny's. On top of making all the tutu's, I made Ammon a Roman soldier costume as well. cardboard, pleather, and a hot-glue gun have become my best friends. Would you believe that after I went to all that work, I forgot my camera so the only picture I have is from my phone? I might have to make Ammon get dressed back up to take a better picture because you cannot see all the detail in this picture. Would you believe that his helmet is made of a bucket? Today I was searching the house for something I could use and saw some buckets I use for storage. Cut it up and add some cardboard and pleather....ta-da.






2 comments:
In my next life I am going to be as awesome as you!!!! For now, it will be my New Year's resolution. Love ya.
That is so awesome you are teaching dance. Is it in your basement? Such cute costumes. Totally wish we were by you and I would absolutely put Addy in your dance class. Sounds like you are lovin life!
Post a Comment