The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

BEBO is 4

After months of asking when his birthday was going to be, we finally celebrated Kimballs birthday (already he is asking when his next birthday is going to be). I can't believe my Kimball boy is 4 years old. He adds so much to our family. His birthday was pretty low-key. Of course he picked out his favorite cold cereal for breakfast and got to have his birthday bath. After that, he had a few of his best buddies over for some games and fun. FYI...you should always try out new recipes for GAK before the party starts and not during the party. Oh well, live and learn right?

After Daddy and Addie came home from school, we had our great friends Nate and Misty over for dinner and presents and then we headed to Coco Keys water park for some fun. The kids did a reading program over the summer and they got free tickets to the water park so we figured a birthday would be a great time to use them. I realized AFTER I had done all his shopping that every gift from us, had to do with cars. Car bike, car clothes, car helmet, car hat.... Good thing the Calls gave him a frog for some variety. Ohhh they love each other....most the time :-)That sure is a lot of bubbles daddy....and don't even try to blame them on AvonleaWheeeeeeee.......





I didn't dare attempt a lightning Mcqueen cake but he liked his truck pretty well.
Back home for some cake and ice cream....yummmmy


We didn't have enough chairs but Avonlea found her own. She didn't mind that it was sized for a barbie doll. Make it do or do without is her motto

Kimball is such a great kid. He has such a sweet personality (most of the time). He LOVES to help. A few weeks ago, Ammon came home and found Kimball upstairs folding a basket of laundry all by himself. I hadn't asked him to, he just decided to help out. He loves to help me clean and always asks "now what can I do mom?"

He loves cars and trains and has an amazing memory when it comes to puzzles and reading books. I will read him a book 1 time and he can pretty much read it back to me. His favorite books right now are Mo Willems books. HE LOVES THEM!!!! He also loves my hair when I have it down and will always tell me "I love yo haiw (hair) mommy"

I am so happy Kimball is in our family. I love love love that boy.

2 comments:

Emily said...

happy birthday, kimball! i remember when he was born like it was yesterday. he's a cutie! i'm completely impressed by your truck cake. way to go! cute pictures of everyone, too!

What a life!! said...

We love Mo too!!!! I love the joke about ammon in the pool. Give Kimball a hug from his Utah friends!!!