I know it has been a long time since I have updated the blog. Our camera is pretty much broken so I haven't been taking pictures but just because I don't have pictures, doesn't mean our life has stopped so I thought I would update you all a little on what has been going on with the Mitchells.
Well our summer is over obviously. Ammon quit his job to take summer O-chem but only ended up doing the first half....which didn't go as well as we had hoped. He then had a lot of time on his hands which was needed since he was preparing to take the P-CAT (pharmacy school entry test) He took that 2 weeks ago and we should hear back in another month. We are getting ready to send in applications to some pharmacy schools. The schools we will be applying to are in Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Nebraska and a couple others I can't remember. It will be interesting to see what this next year will bring.
Speaking of what life is bringing us, if you haven't heard, we are expecting our 3rd baby. I am due March 15th and we are pretty excited and I am VERY excited to be getting out of the 1st trimester. That is also why I haven't updated. I just have had no desire to do anything but sleep and have felt so nauseous that I haven't been much fun. I am glad that most of that is passing as it is now canning season and I have SO much canning to get done this week. Anyone want to come make applesauce with me :-)
Addie and Kimball are very excited for the baby but I think it is very hard for Addie to understand that it is going to take a long time for this baby to get here. Every time I have a doctors appointment, she asks if I am going so they can take the baby out. Nope not yet......
In other health related issues, a lot of you have asked what is going on with my heart so I thought this would be the easiest way to let everyone know the results. I have been having some heart issues this last month. I started having these PVC's (Premature Ventricular Contractions) where my heart is sending out a lot of extra beats. they did a halter monitoring test on me where they monitored my heart for 24 hours and they said that 11% of my heart beats are these extra beats that my heart is throwing in. It pretty much just feels like I just got done doing a good workout and I get a little short of breath but it is not painful. Well I had an echo done a couple weeks ago and I had my appointment with the cardiologist this morning. Basically they said everything is working fine in my heart and which was good but also frustrating to hear. I want to know WHY this is happening but it's nice to know there is nothing wrong. They said to just not worry about it and if it doesn't go away after pregnancy, then they will do a couple more test. So that is the latest with that.
The kids are doing great and I need to update the belly laughs because they sure have kept us laughing. Well it is time to make some lunch but that is our life in a nutshell.
1 week ago

13 comments:
WHAT?----CONGRATS!!!!! How did I not even know this? :) This is so exciting! Kenz or Ang need to be next! lol :)
Thanks for updating!!! Even though I am a million miles away, doesn't mean I don't want to be right next to you making applesauce!! Miss ya!
Wow-you've been busy! Bless you heart, if it helps, I know how you feel! Morning sickness stinks, and that's all there is to it! I hope you get feeling better FAST! And scary about your heart-I hope that improves soon too...not fun. Hang in there! You make cute kids, so I'm sure this one is going to be adorable as well! Good luck to Ammon and his test results!
How exciting!! Congrats! My vote for P. School is Idaho :)
Congrats on the new baby! I'm happy for you! Keep blogging because that's my only way of staying in touch with your world. If you're ever in Vegas, let us know...we have a new house and big pool to share.
Congratulations on the baby! That is so exciting!! Good Luck to you and Ammon also. It will be fun to see where you end up!
Hey Chalise Congrats! That's so exciting! I hope that you get feeling better!! K I'm totally not a dr but... when i was having hyperthyroid issues at the start of my pregnancy it made my heart do similar to what you are saying yours is doing! Just a thought! Anyway Good luck with pharm stuff I hope it all works out! O Chem is really no fun at all! Good Luck and thanks for update!
Wow, your life is a lot more hectic than it looked when I saw you at the parade. I hope all turns out well with the new baby and your heart.
Good luck with number three - it's just as fun as everyone says : )
CONGRATS! Baby, is the first thing that came to mind when I saw the word news. Silly huh! Did you know Emily is having her third too? So fun to have new babies. Makes me somewhat sad for myself. Glad I don't have to beg others to much though so I can get my fix. :)
Take care of you, sounds like you'll be having some fun adventures to come.
Hugs!
Congrats on being pregnant too! Fun times!
I actually am going to explain the whole process of how we know it is a boy on my blog but have you heard of the blood test they can do now? It test for male xy chromosomes. Since we share blood with the baby if there are male dna then you know you are having boy.
They can find out at 7 weeks along. I'm actually 16 weeks due Feb. 25th now (dr. changed it0
and they did an ultra sound yesterday since they couldn’t hear the heart beat and he said it does look like a boy. We are excited!
-sorry about the heart problem. I have had some of my own and had the heart halter too. Mine is totally different though and before I was pregnant it started.
Yes, I'll be over soon to make applesauce. :) I'm so glad to hear that your heart is ok. I've been worried about you! Hopefully they can do something for you after the baby is born. My dad has a similar issue and he takes some medicine that regulates it. We sure think the world of our Chalise. Hopefully we get to see you soon! Love ya!
Hey Lisee! Glad you're surviving the 1st trimester..... The PVCs are perfectly normal to have, but are a super weird feeling. I'm sure they've told you to avoid stimulants, like caffeine or decongestants (which I'm sure you already do). What is happening is that your ventricles, the lower chambers of your heart, have a little cell that fires before it should, and then they contract and push out the all the blood - which just makes the next beat really weird and sets off the whole rhythm. You are probably getting more of them than normal because you are prego, and that puts more strain on your heart. It will probably go away after March =0). A lot of people walk around with them and don't even know they have em. If you need a better explanation - just let me know - I do better with drawing it out =0). luv ya! hang in there! Oh and I'd be there to help can if I could! Though not sure you'd want my help? I'm not the most domestic person.....
Addie was talking about you having a baby in your belly and she would show me on her fingers how small it is right now. It was really cute but didn't want to say anything cause you don't look pregnant, so congrats!!
Post a Comment