Tonight I was in the office and Ammon came in with tears in his eyes and asked "why do kids have to grow up?" He had been in the bedroom saying goodnight to the kids and it hit him how we will never have these kids at this age again. Addie is no longer a little toddler, learning to walk. Kimball will quickly grow into a little talking child and it is just very sad. It makes you realize you have to just enjoy every little moment and every stage they are in because soon, you will only see it in pictures and videos and you will long for it. We have loved every stage these kids have been in. It is fun having a witty, silly little girl, even if she never shuts up. We have enjoyed having a hansom, funny, quiet little boy, even though he can't get a word in edgewise. I just have to say how grateful I am to be a mom to my 2 beautiful sweet children and to have a husband who stops to appreciate life. Thank you honey for helping me to stop and appreciate it too.
Some flashback Friday pictures of the kids.

This is during Addies clepto days when she would stuff anything and everything she could down her shirt, be it all the pieces of her puzzle or all the contents of Ammons backpack.

I love having this little boy part of our family. He adds something I never knew was missing.

4 comments:
Cute kids. They are growing up so fast!
Hey, can you add Kat to your blog list? kathryngrimshaw@gmail.com
I can appreciate a moment like that- there are times where I just hold my boys knowing that my time with their age is literally fleeting. How wonderful it is that you have realized how precious your time is with them! Your kids are so blessed to be in a home where they are welcomed and loved.
President Monson talked about enjoying these moments with our babies and toddlers. Soon we will miss their fingerprints on the glass (as cumbersome as that is!)
it just makes me so sad that we live far enough away that I don't get to see these cuties on a regular basis so when I do see them it seems like they have both grown so much. Makes me sad. But I love them both to pieces.
They DO grow up to fast! I'm loving all your posts Chalise. I'm always checking in on you and I just need to remember to comment more. Have a great summer!!!!
Val
Post a Comment