I just had to brag a little about my little girl. Addie really loves to learn and is a very quick learner. We are going to have our hands full keeping her from being bored when she gets to school. She has been learning to read and write lately. I teach her and then she asks a ton of questions and plays with letters on her own. Well a couple weeks ago, her and a friend were out back playing and writing on the wall with chalk. I had the window open to hear them and I heard them talking about California. I look out there, and Addie was writing this on the wall. I don't know if you can read it but I see a C-A-F (backward) L-O-R-N-Y-Y. I am so proud of her. I have also been working with digraphs (ch, sh, th) with her and doing picture sorts, which is what the first graders that I substitute teach are doing and she is doing it perfectly. Yes we are in trouble but how can you help but be proud.
p.s. She is only 3


10 comments:
what a smart little whip. Haley was laughing today at whatever it was that she and Addie were talking about...something about dogs blowing up ? I hope we can get down your way soon. we sure miss you guys.
Wow, what a genius!
Holy cow, no way! She is not only smart, but hilarious. . . I bet you just love her to death!
What a smart girl! Wow-that is very impressive! You will have your hands full, but I think it's better to have your hands full in that area than in others. If you're looking for activities for her to keep her busy now and during school, www.fcrr.org has some really great activities that you just print off and they are all for free. (There are activities for parents or you could use the ones for teachers too. They are broken up into grade and skill).
See ya soon maybe!
Oh here's another good website:
http://www.brightbeginningsfl.org/
They might be a lot of the same activities.
I learned about the first website in Elementary Ed at USU and then stumbled upon this one when I was finding the other. Great resources!
Oh you can't! You might just get to do home school, cause she'll be way past kindergarten by the time she goes. K-12 rocks for that! Most of all have fun, cause if she like learning now and it doesn't get squashed, she'll always love it!
My kids love these. ttp://www.poissonrouge.com/
and
http://www.starfall.com/ (this is a learn to read site) Very FUN!
Wow - she's sure a smartie pants!!! I can't wait until we get to see you guys on a more regular basis. Only 4 more days till I live in Utah. Yikes!!! (And what in the world am I doing looking at your blog when I have SOOO much packing to do???)
Looks like you've got a smart cookie on your hands. That's amazing!!! I'd be proud of that too. :)
You can brag all you want! I admit I do the same with my little ones. =)
Mark's favorite part of the blog world is reading the lil quotes from Addie! Seriously, he tells me all the time what a little genius she is =0). Looks & smarts......she is such a cutie!
Post a Comment