Ok so my jokes are lame but I bet you smiled thinking "Chalise is so corny" so my job is done....If only it were done but I have not blogged in forever which means I now need to catch up on many many things I have missed. Tonight I finally uploaded the pictures from my camera. I don't know why it takes me so long to do that but here we go...
We have been celebrating some birthdays around here and here is our little 7 year old getting breakfast in bed :-)

Of course she took her birthday bath and Chloe looked on, just grateful it was not her in the tub. Addie enjoyed it quite a lot with the water all the way up to the top and ALL to herself. Simple pleasures in life are the best.
We have been celebrating some birthdays around here and here is our little 7 year old getting breakfast in bed :-)
Of course she took her birthday bath and Chloe looked on, just grateful it was not her in the tub. Addie enjoyed it quite a lot with the water all the way up to the top and ALL to herself. Simple pleasures in life are the best.
We only do big birthdays every other year for the kids so this year, Addie just wanted a makeover with her friend Savannah. It was a lot of fun but I couldn't believe how grown up she looked.
Isn't she beautiful! I just can't believe she is 7. It seems like only a few years since we brought her home from the hospital as nervous new parents. Now here we are, as nervous old parents
I decided to let her get her ears pierced for her birthday. She was so brave...
I decided to let her get her ears pierced for her birthday. She was so brave...
Ta-da
Ammon didn't know she was getting her ears pierced so he was really surprised when she came home. She looked so grown up (especially since she was still wearing some make-up) and it made Ammon get a little choked up at how grown up she was getting. :-(
For dinner, she requested a pig dinner, which I was happy to oblige
Then it was time to open up gifts. Nails and a play make-up set....well it is only for play but it is real make-up. I have NO idea what I was thinking other than the fact that she had been begging for one. If you live near us, I'm sure you have seen her. You may have thought that a clown was visiting the area but nope, it was just Addie. Well, she should be a professional by the time she is 14 and can officially wear makeup. But boy oh boy, right now it is INTERESTING. I'll snap a picture next time
One of her friends had an i-pad so Addie asked if she could get one for her birthday. After saying no several times, I finally decided to give in. For some reason she wasn't as thrilled with her eye-pad. Actually she laughed and thought it was funny but I probably laughed a lot harder, seeing the look on her face.
She also got a *cheap* camera. That camera was on almost every minute of the day for the next several days as she took pictures of EVERYTHING. The Olympics were on TV so she took a ton of pictures of that....yes she took pictures of the TV so she could "watch the Olympics in the car while we were driving" Oh that girl.
Nothing to fancy for a cake this year but I made it how she wanted.

We ended the night with some gum-drop towers. I haven't made one in years. Brought back a lot of memories.
We ended the night with some gum-drop towers. I haven't made one in years. Brought back a lot of memories.
NOW
onto Kimballs Birthday. Kimball also got breakfast in bed, then we spent the day doing all sorts of stuff he wanted to do like going out for pizza for lunch and going to the Children's museum...however, I totally forgot to take pictures of ANYTHING. For dinner Kimball requested his favorite meal of curry with octopus. No I am not kidding. He totally LOVES it so that is what I made for him. He had a few servings but I think Avonlea beat out everyone and we finally had to say no to her 4th serving. I'm glad my kids like different kinds of food.
Whenever we eat Curry, we eat with our hands. I have done this since my brother got back from serving his mission in India over 15 years ago and taught us how they would eat. It's just something fun to do and I swear it taste better if you eat it with your hands.
Kimball loves rockets and cars and monster trucks. He asked for a bumble-bee transformer cake for his birthday but I knew that what he really meant was he wanted a rocket. Yeah, I can read minds like that. Luckily he was quite happy with it.
For his birthday bath, we did glow sticks. It was really really cool. I think the next time I take a bath, I might just break a couple of those babies out. I was mesmerized
The next day was his friends birthday. I did a jungle theme and painted all the kids faces jungle animals. All the boys wanted to be Cheetahs. One of the girls was a giraffe and one was a zebra. As one of the boys said "the girls just want to be nice animals and we just want to eat them" A good majority of the time was spent cheetahs chasing around the zebra and giraffe growling and scratching. It was very entertaining. We also had a jungle parade, played animal charades and had animal races.


1 comment:
Chalise! Your kiddos are growing up way too fast!!! I love the birthday bath idea. Fun tradition!!! I might just have to copy and start that tradition in our home. :)
Post a Comment