You probably didn't notice when I posted my bathroom re-do the picture of our long lost relatives. Let me show you them now.

Someone thought we had hung a picture of the Obama's up in our bathroom......ummm no.
(yes it is just the picture that came with the frame) Let me explain. I had this vision of having family pictures up in these frames and I wanted to put a picture of just the kids in this last frame. I have tried many many times to take pictures of my kids together and it just doesn't work. Here are a couple examples of my efforts
Someone thought we had hung a picture of the Obama's up in our bathroom......ummm no.
(yes it is just the picture that came with the frame) Let me explain. I had this vision of having family pictures up in these frames and I wanted to put a picture of just the kids in this last frame. I have tried many many times to take pictures of my kids together and it just doesn't work. Here are a couple examples of my efforts
As you can see, someone is always pulling a funny face, or not looking at the camera or just not in the mood. Someday, I will get a great shot of ALL 3 kids and then the Obamas can leave our bathroom ;-)
Who wants to stop playing and pose for some dumb picture anyway? If you can get this little goose to pause for a picture, it is a amazing.

Oh look, here is about the only proof that it did rain (1 or 2 times) in Omaha this year. I can't believe how DRY it is here and of course no one has sprinkling systems (because usually the rain takes care of that for them) so the grass is so dead now in this 100+ heat.
In this high heat, we have spent a lot more time indoors (and outside in the blow-up pool) but I have really tried to do a lot less TV and the kids have really hit a creative streak. Addie goes through our recycling bin and is always making projects. Here is her bird costume she made out of a cereal box and strawberry container. She made wings out of a milk jug but I guess I didn't get a picture of the full costume
Oh look, here is about the only proof that it did rain (1 or 2 times) in Omaha this year. I can't believe how DRY it is here and of course no one has sprinkling systems (because usually the rain takes care of that for them) so the grass is so dead now in this 100+ heat.
In this high heat, we have spent a lot more time indoors (and outside in the blow-up pool) but I have really tried to do a lot less TV and the kids have really hit a creative streak. Addie goes through our recycling bin and is always making projects. Here is her bird costume she made out of a cereal box and strawberry container. She made wings out of a milk jug but I guess I didn't get a picture of the full costume
We have been spending a lot more time home recently because of a bout of sickness running through our house. 2 weeks ago, Ammon got strep....not fun. Then Avonlea got hand, foot and mouth......really not fun and now Kimball is going on day 6 of a fever and horrible cough and the doctors don't know why. It makes me really nervous and I will probably be taking him in again if his fever is not gone in the morning. He doesn't complain of anything but just gets really tired and feels cold. We have been quarantined ourselves and have found many things to keep us busy. This morning, I set up a cooking table outside for the kids.
In out other spare time, we have been gardening. We are LOVING gardening and the vegetables are doing really well here. It is really a great stress relief to go work in the garden. This year we planted tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, eggplant, beats, corn, spinach, lettuce watermellon, pumpkins, strawberries, lots of herbs and lots of squash. Summer to me is fresh veggies out of the garden. YUMMM!
Which of course leads to a lot of bath time
All in all, it is a very fun, hot, sick summer and I am loving that my kids are really finding best friends in each other. If there is a blessing from sickness, that would be ours.


2 comments:
We miss you guys! So sorry to hear Kimball's had a fever. Not fun at all. I hope he's better right away.
Looks like you're enjoying your summer! I was in Cedar a couple days ago and drove past our little yellow house. Fun memories! Whoosh! :)
Post a Comment