Life is passing by and I find that I am not recording it....therefore, I'm afraid it will be forgotten so I am going to really try to do better about blogging. One of my favorite things to do is to go back through and look at the pictures and happenings of our life from a couple years ago. I can remember it so much more when I write it down (obviously ;-)
Here are a few happenings of our life lately.
Today, when Addie came home from school, she said "mom, we have to do something fun today. We do the same thing every single day" which is that she comes home from school, visits our wonderful neighbor who is teaching her French and then goes and chases butterflies and plays in the dirt until I drag her in for dinner. Today, we painted faces
Here are a few happenings of our life lately.
Today, when Addie came home from school, she said "mom, we have to do something fun today. We do the same thing every single day" which is that she comes home from school, visits our wonderful neighbor who is teaching her French and then goes and chases butterflies and plays in the dirt until I drag her in for dinner. Today, we painted faces
I quite enjoyed it and they did too. After that, Addie went and chased butterflies and bugs, visited our neighbor and dug in the dirt until I had to drag her in for dinner ;-)
Addie also had her 1st piano recital. It was wonderful and she did amazing. I'm so proud of that girl.
Addie and her teacher Miss Hannah
The bridal wreaths are in bloom so we decided to go take pictures after church last Sunday. Have I ever mentioned that Avonlea is not so photogenic. It is a miracle if I can get her to smile for a picture which is funny because she is such a happy girl but as soon as she sees the camera :-[
Last Saturday there were supposed to be some really bad tornado's. The National Weather alert sent out a 24 hour advance notice, which was only the 2nd time in history. The news said there would be high-end, life threatening tornado's. We prepared, we got everything we needed in our basement and prepared to hunker down. NOTHING happened. There was heavy rain for maybe 3 minutes but other than that, it was just a gloomy day. We still spent most the afternoon in the basement and I caught this photo. Addie was watching a movie and Avonlea saw her and of course had to lay exactly like her. She sure loves her older brother and sister.
I can't believe this semester is almost over and Ammon is almost done with his 2nd year of school. Where has the time gone. We are starting a garden this year and are really enjoying working outside again. I love gardening. It is so fulfilling to me and such a stress relief for Ammon. The kids love playing in the dirt and we love to eat the fruits of our labor so it is a total win-win situation.
I feel so blessed to have the life I have. I have had a couple of those "pause and reflect" moments today where I have realized how lucky I am to be married to Ammon and to be the mother of these amazing kids. I love being able to just stop and play with them or sit down and snuggle them. That is my most important role right now and I want to enjoy every minute of it.


3 comments:
Cute post! I love the face painting. Avonlea's with the tongue is beyond adorable! And your hair looks great! I might need to copy you...
You are pretty and amazing, which = pretty amazing!!! I like your posts.... :)
It was fun to catch up on your life! Miss you!
Bobi
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com
Post a Comment