The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The jokes of a 4 year old

Some days I want to bang my head against a rock after listening to Addies and Kimballs jokes for awhile. Especially knock knock jokes. Have you ever listened to the jokes of a 4 and 6 year old? Most of the time they deal with bodily functions and most of the time....wait, ALL of the time they really make no sense at all. This morning Kimball was snuggling in bed with me and he told me a joke and I honestly laughed and laughed. However, you need to hear the pre-story before I tell this joke. Ammon and Addie made up a joke a while ago and this is it:
"A sweet potato walks into a restaurant and everyone laughs and says 'hey, look at that funny potato' and the sweet potato says 'Hey, I yam what I yam"
ha ha funny joke right? (and very appropriate for Thanksgiving time) Yes you have our permission to tell that joke around the dinner-table tomorrow for Thanksgiving. But beware, people may laugh so hard that they might have tears running down their legs.
OK, now that you have the background, here is Kimballs joke.
"knock knock (who's there) a church (a church who?) A broccoli and an orange walk into a church and everyone says look at that funny broccoli and orange and they say 'I am what I am"
TA-DA! I know it doesn't make any sense but admit it, you are chuckling right now right? and that's what jokes are for so this is one of my favorite jokes now.
It reminds me of a joke I use to tell when I was his age. The joke goes like this.
"why do elephants paint their toenails pink?-----to hide in cherry trees"
a while later, you tell the joke "Have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree?--- (no) it works then doesn't it!" Funny joke huh
Well when I was little, I didn't realize you had to tell both parts of the joke and so I would always just say "have you ever seen an elephant in a cherry tree? It works then doesn't it" People would try to tell me I was telling the joke wrong but it made sense in my mind and I was ADAMANT that I was right.
which I always am...still to this day...just ask Ammon :-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

that's really sweet! i understand wanting to hit your head against the wall after SO many of the jokes kids come with. but when they manage to make one work, it's priceless!