Well those who read the previous post, I guess I should have waited one more day to blog. Monday after we found out we were staying in Cedar we started getting ready to stay. We moved Avonlea's crib into Addies room, we planned to go camping the next night. Life was good because we knew where we were going to be. Well the next day, Ammon left the cell phone home and the lady from Creighton admissions called and said there was a 50/50 chance that someone was dropping out (on the 2nd day of Welcome Week), and they wanted to know if Ammon still wanted the seat. WHAT??? Holy cow!
I tried calling Ammon at work but he had left 10 minutes earlier and I HAD THE CELL PHONE. I thought he would be getting home right away but he decided to stop at the store and shop for our camping trip we were going on that night. It took him another 40 minutes to get home. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to hyperventilate and such. Ironically, we had bought a GPS unit the week before because it was on a major sale and it happened to come in that day. Ammon FINALLY got home and told me the GPS had come. I told him maybe he could use it to drive to Nebraska that night. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of his face at that moment. I told him the story and he called admissions back and found out he was IN! We both were pretty much in shock! The next hour or so, we packed like crazy-in between tears, and got him ready to drive out there that night. Talk about tough on the emotions. It was such a roller-coaster of emotions that I almost start crying just thinking about it. Ammon had to say goodbye and move to a totally unfamiliar area without us and I have to deal with packing and moving without Ammon.

Saying goodbye was pretty hard! I had a headache the rest of the night from crying. Ammon had a headache because our muffler is so loud and he had to listen to it for the next 18 hours....poor guy.I tried calling Ammon at work but he had left 10 minutes earlier and I HAD THE CELL PHONE. I thought he would be getting home right away but he decided to stop at the store and shop for our camping trip we were going on that night. It took him another 40 minutes to get home. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to hyperventilate and such. Ironically, we had bought a GPS unit the week before because it was on a major sale and it happened to come in that day. Ammon FINALLY got home and told me the GPS had come. I told him maybe he could use it to drive to Nebraska that night. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of his face at that moment. I told him the story and he called admissions back and found out he was IN! We both were pretty much in shock! The next hour or so, we packed like crazy-in between tears, and got him ready to drive out there that night. Talk about tough on the emotions. It was such a roller-coaster of emotions that I almost start crying just thinking about it. Ammon had to say goodbye and move to a totally unfamiliar area without us and I have to deal with packing and moving without Ammon.


So what now? Who knows. I am packing up the house and sending a moving truck out to him this Wed/Thurs and then I will clean and I'm not sure when we will be heading out. My sister Valerie is due to have her baby on the 8th of September. I really want to see the baby before next Summer so I want to stay but Ammons White Coat ceremony is on the 10th and I really want to be there for that.
AHHHH!!!
Little baby in Valerie's belly, could you come a little early for my sake? I'm sure your mommy won't mind.
Ammon had training last Thursday and Friday and started school today. He has had to do in a few days what everyone else had the whole summer to do. For example, he had to do a background check and list all of his addresses for the last 20 years. That is just one example. He is pretty lonely and I'm pretty lonely with out him. Ammons mom has Addie and Kimball so I can pack. My family is so spread out and I just want to be back together as a family. I'm going to miss Cedar so much. There are so many friends here and being able to go home to my parents in 20 min is something that has been so wonderful. To me, Parowan is heaven on earth. This morning I was sitting on my front porch (because there is no where to sit in my disaster of a house) and I got really teary thinking about how much I'm going to miss my beautiful mountains. Then I had to just stop thinking about it because if I think about any of this stuff too much, I cry and if I cry I get a headache, and if I get a headache, I can't pack and I NEED TO PACK!
Speaking of other needs, I need to sleep. It has been a long day and it will be another long day tomorrow. Goodnight

13 comments:
That is one insane story! I'm glad he got in but sorry for the craziness. I would love to see you before you go...hopefully we can make that happen. I will be in touch.
:-(
That is all I have to say.
The only bright side to this is that I will get to see you one more time before you go and I thought that you would be out of here without a real "goodbye", so I will focus on the silver lining of the VERY GRAY CLOUD! I am excited for you guys, but so sad for me. Can't wait for all your visits back home. Love you so much!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness! What a surprise. Sounds like it was meant to be...
WOw! That is crazy!! I hope it all comes together... and just think about where you will be in 2 weeks! WIth your man and all your babies in your new home with a new advernture and on your way to the rest of your life and a new career! :)!
Oh my goodness! I wish I lived closer; I would be there to help you in two seconds flat! Things always happen for a reason and I'm sure you'll all do great! Hang in there sister.
Oh man! That is totally crazy, and totally exciting! I'm so happy for you! Believe me I know how hard it is to leave "the promised land" (that's what we call Parowan)But what a great adventure! Congrats!! I can't wait to hear all about your new life!
I'm Bawling!!! What a miracle! I guess I'll need to start saving up money for get-a-ways to Nebraska!
Chalise! Wow! What a crazy turn around! I was crossing my fingers you'd end up in Montana :) That is really hard what you're going through, and the pics of Ammon saying goodbye to your kids is just too much!
I sort of know the feeling of leaving home to go somewhere unfamiliar, but you've never even been Nebraska right? You can cry all you want! You have great faith though. Just remember that you are being watched over. What a fun experience it will be!
Oh my goodness! Good Luck with everything. I hope your world will slow down soon.
So, I totally cried when I saw Ammon hugging the kids goodbye... How crazy and exciting! I hope you are getting settled in alright!
Hey Chalise- This is super random, but Misty Call contacted me on my blog wondering if she could have permission to yours. I didn't have your number, but I told her I would pass on the info. Her email is volleygirl_014@hotmail.com. Thanks :)
Crazy crazy! I'm happy for you guys though! Good luck to you! Hope all goes well.
Post a Comment