The Mitchells preblog

This site will let you know when we have updated the blog. If you would like an invite to our private blog, please leave your e-mail in a comment. Thanks for visiting

Thursday, April 15, 2010

funny

Last week we were at my parents house. Addie and Kimball LOVE my parents dog Shelby. She is 15 years old and is totally deaf now. Addie started using her sign language with her. She was rubbing her belly and then Addie signed (in ASL) "no more, all done" and Shelby got up, so Addie is absolutely convinced that Shelby understands ASL now.....this would be great if Shelby weren't pretty much blind too.
I guess she will have to start signing into her paw like Helen Keller, and I don't put that past Addie. I'm sure she will do it
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

LOL! i can totally picture her doing that. she is a great little girl!

Rhiannon said...

That is so sweet. I can't believe that dog is still here.

Patty Sampson said...

OMGoodness! She is so amazing! And I love that picture of the two of them. I hope you have it framed somewhere. Kids and dogs- the perfect combination. :)